BC Assessment has mailed 2017 assessment notices to home owners throughout the province. Below are a few links that will help guide you regarding your recent assessment, and provide more information:
- e-valueBC webpage to search for assessments online
- BC Assessment’s full media release for the Fraser Valley region
- Fraser Valley’s Top 100 highest valued residential properties
- Video on BC’s 2017 Property Assessments by region
- Map of property assessment changes by jurisdiction
- BC Assessment’s resources on understanding the assessment process
- BC Assessment’s contact information for Fraser Valley offices (Surrey and Abbotsford)
In light of the impact of this year’s assessment increases, the BC Government announced this week that they will be reviewing the homeowner grant threshold level.
According to Landcor Data Corporation, for the first time in Metro Vancouver’s history, more homeowners will NOT qualify for the Homeowners’ Grant this year compared to those who will qualify.
Here are Landcor’s numbers:
- 213,412 households will lose all or part of the grant
- 206,745 households will keep the grant