There are so many fun things to do at Halloween, here are a few places to go to get your scare on...
Visit a Haunted House
Potters House of Horrors
- What: Get ready to scream and cower in fear: Potters House of Horrors has reopened for the Halloween season.
- Where: 12530 72nd Avenue, Surrey
- When: Open now until October 31. Lil’ Haunters is from 4 to 7 pm, all-ages family hour is from 4 to 6:30 pm, and the regular ultra-scary show is from 7 to 10 pm.
- Tickets: Starts at $10 for tickets. Click here to purchase.
Haunted Swamp House
- What: For the past four years, Greg McLellen and his wife have been putting on the Haunted Swamp House and it has continued to grow into a Halloween extravaganza. It now comprises of seven rooms, themed after the cannibal-infested, hillbilly-murderer settled swamps so common in horror movies.
- When: October 28 to 30 from 6 to 9 pm. October 31 from 7 to 9 pm.
- Where: 4120 228 St., Langley
- Tickets: Admission by donation
Reapers Haunted Attraction
- What: A number of attractions await for those looking for an adrenaline boost, like an insane asylum themed haunted house that brings the horrors of crazed patients to twisted doctors and hospital staff.
- Where: 9423 Gibson Road, Chilliwack
- When: Open until October 31 with various hours. Click here for more.
- Tickets: $11 for each attraction or $20 for both. Patrons get $1 off with a non-perishable food item.
For younger kids this is a bit more tame...
Go to a Pumpkin Patch
Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch at Gabriel Farms
- What: Besides pumpkins, Gabriel Farms also features hayrides, a petting zoo, and a mini corn maze. The farm will have their annual pumpkin carving contest on October 8. And to really get you in the spirit of Halloween, a bonfire will take place on October 29. The farm accepts cash only.
- When: Open every weekend from 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: 18507 20th Avenue, Surrey
- Cost: General admission $5 (kids under 2 are free), pumpkins sold by size $1 and up
Aldor Acres Pumpkin Patch
- What: At Aldor Acres, there is no shortage of variety with over 15 types of pumpkins spread across the farm’s 20 acres. After you’re done with pumpkin picking, head over to say hello to the animals or go for a tractor-pulled hayride.
- When: Open for the month of October from 9 am to 5 pm daily
- Where: 8301 252nd Street, Langley
- Cost: $8 admission (anyone of walking age)
Chilliwack Original Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm
- What: It’s worth making a day trip to this family farm. With a 12-acre corn maze (this year it is Peanuts-themed) , a variety of pumpkins, a giant jumping pillow, an indoor hay bale maze, a corn train and farm animals, your day will be filled with non-stop fall fun.
- When: Open for the month of October. Hours for pumpkin patch and corn maze vary. Check website for details.
- Where: 41905 Yale Road West, Chilliwack
- Cost: $9.50 admission for ages 9-12. $11.50 for ages 13 and older
Info courtesy of the following websites: VancityBuzz.ca, & thedailyhive.com. This blog posting is for informational purposes only. Prices, dates / times and locations could change at the discretion of the host.